Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Holy Crap..

My apologies for not posting for a couple days, but sometimes the life of a webmaster bites me in the butt. 14 out of my 20 websites disappeared off the internet without a trace. Luckily they were not my highest paying sites, but there are some paid advertisers that would be complaining if I did not do something fast. The sites that went off line were all hosted from a web hosting company that was offered to me free from a friend about 2 years ago (for the oldest site). I have had very little problems with them but there is no tech support to speak of. No there is no way to tell the status of an outage.

I have spent the last 2 days scurrying to set up new hosting accounts and getting the sites all back going. It takes 24-72 hours to get the domain names to resolve and then I had to hurry up and publish the entire site content. As of this post, all the sites are back up but 3.


Not only that, my quarterly taxes needed to be finalized and paid. So bear with me and with any luck, things will be back to normal soon.

No comments: